Quick Facts about the subject of this entry.
There are not any quick facts for this entry.
Ohio native, Irvin McDowell was a prominent Union general during the American Civil War. He commanded the Army of Northeastern Virginia during the Battle of Bull Run I and was relieved of his command after this Union defeat. As a corps commander in the Army of Virginia, he later received much of the blame for the Federal defeat at the Battle of Bull Run II.
- Army of Northeastern Virginia
- Army of Northern Virginia
- Army of the Potomac (USA)
- Army of the Shenandoah (USA) (1864)
- Erasmus D. Keyes
- General Orders, No. 101 (Army of the Potomac)
- General Orders, No. 103 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 201 (U.S. War Department)
- George B. McClellan
- John Pope
- Mexican-American War
- P.G.T. Beauregard
- Peninsula Campaign
- President Lincoln's Executive Order Constituting the Army of Virginia
- President's War Order No. 2
This entry has not been associated with any time periods.